meet shane Douthwright
Canadian singer-songwriter Shane Douthwright grew up listening to his father play fiddle, guitar and mandolin tunes and began chording the guitar to these tunes at a young age. Early music memories for Shane include hearing his dad's vinyl records of outlaw country artists. As a high school and college athlete Shane spent a few years away from traditional and country music and listened to popular music of the 80's. As a university student in 1993 Shane began playing in his first bluegrass band and has continued his musical journey since that time.
Treasured accomplishments include opening for country stars Lorrie Morgan and Sammy Kershaw as well as Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder. A duo recording with his father gained The Douthwrights recognition with an ECMA nomination for bluegrass album of the year. Shane has performed at the largest bluegrass festivals in Canada and has received multiple awards for Male Vocalist of the Year.
Songwriting has become a focus for Shane in recent years which has garnered him praise from his fans at live shows. His first two country music songs were released in 2023. "Never Want To Let You Go" was the first single and the lyric video for this song has over 58,000 views on YouTube. "The Weekend" was released in June 2023 and has received radio play from local Canadian radio stations all the way to Europe and Australia. “The Weekend” held the #1 and #2 spots for most downloaded and streamed songs in Canada on the Play mpe top 10 most active songs for two weeks in July, 2023.
Shane is a proud husband to a long-time band mate Nadine and they have two children that Shane has been lucky enough to coach and teach while they attended the high school where Shane graduated from and has been a teacher at for over 20 years. Shane teaches many high school courses including music and has coached high school, college and university athletics for over 20 years. Shane's love of learning is evident with him returning to university at age 30 to become a teacher and again at age 40 to gain his masters level certification and again at age 50 to work towards another career counselling certification.
2023 has been an exciting year of music for Shane with an extremely busy schedule featuring him on many small and large stages as well as a four-week contract on The Oasis Of The Seas with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. 2024 is already shaping up to be an incredible year for Douthwright as he is scheduled to perform Cavendish Beach Music Festival, Stan Rogers Folk Festival as well as Caribbean Goes Country in Holguin, Cuba in February where he will join other great Canadian acts such as Doc Walker for a five-day concert event. Shane will also be performing at Caribbean Goes 80's in April where he will join Platinum Blonde and Honeymoon Suite for a five-day concert in Varadero, Cuba. Shane will also be performing on the Oasis Of The Seas with Royal Caribbean March 3 to March 31.
- Cavendish Beach Music Festival added to Shane's schedule for July 7th, 2024
- Stanfest added to Shane's schedule for July 25-28th, 2024
- Sussex Fundy Fest added to Shane's schedule for July 20th, 2024
- Oasis Of The Seas added to Shane's schedule March 3-31, 2024
- New Single coming early in 2024! True story car chase song called “Hills Of Albert Mines”
- Rogersville Country Festival added to Shane's schedule June 21, 2024
- Caribbean Goes Country in Holguin, Cuba added to Shane's schedule February 5-11, 2024.
- Caribbean Goes 80's in Varedero, Cuba added to Shane's schedule April 6-12, 2024.
- “The Weekend” released in 2023! Add to your playlist on all streaming platforms.
- “Never Want To Let you Go” released in 2023! Add to your playlist on all streaming platforms.
New Single - Never Want To Let you Go - Available Now!